New Blog: CONTEMPLATIONS

New Blog:  CONTEMPLATIONS
Come on over and see my new blog

Don't Show Up Empty-handed






She opened her eyes and caught her breath. The dazzling light, music, and laughter surrounded her and was part of her. Tangible joy pulsed through the air like an electrical charge. She glanced down at her white robe and then up again. It was real! Heaven was real and Jesus Himself was coming toward her with arms outstretched, dark nail holes in His hands, and a smile she couldn’t tear her eyes from. “My daughter! You’re here! I’ve been waiting for you. What did you bring me?”

Imagine that moment, but this time it’s YOU. Life on earth suddenly stopped and now you are in heaven. You know you are only here because Jesus paid the price you owed God. You trusted in Christ, gave your life to Him, and God counted that as sufficient, pronouncing you Not Guilty. But now Jesus is eager to hear how you spent your life after He saved you. He knows what He invested in you and expects a good return. What will you say? “Well, Lord, I had a good time…tried to be a good person…bought a nice car…kids’ in sports…vacations…” As you gaze in adoration at the One who gave His life for you, will you be ashamed of how little you did for Him? Will anyone be in heaven because of you? What fruit will you bring Him?

So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.  Romans 14:12


Final Thought: Jesus gave it all for you. What are you doing for Him?

Prayer: Lord, this is a little scary. Will I be ashamed of how I spent my life when I stand before you? You’ve saved me by your mercy, but am I living in a way that makes you glad you did? Help me get ready for my accounting. In Jesus’ name, amen.

No comments: