New Blog: CONTEMPLATIONS

New Blog:  CONTEMPLATIONS
Come on over and see my new blog

Forwarned



"You're going to need to be more than a counselor to him."
.
The words were like cement blocks, sturdy, unmovable, coming to rest in my spirit with the certainty of having been placed there. I knew who they concerned, but what did they mean exactly?

.
As I finished my morning routine, I sorted through several options. Inviting him for the holidays? Over for dinner? Nothing seemed to fit.
.
"I'm open, Lord, but I don't know what you mean."
.
"He longs for a family, a sense of importance, to know someone values him. You can show him how much I value him."
.

My youngest client's needs were great, but I had to be careful not to violate boundaries. Stepping outside the client/counselor role was not comfortable. Not even advisable. To approach a relationship outside the counseling room was not a good idea. Maybe God didn't understand that.
.
Two hours later, his name was on my caller ID. He had a need I could meet. He had no one else. It was a need a friend would meet. What family should do for each other.

.
I smiled into the sky. "I get it. I'll do it. Thanks for the two-hour lead time."
.
Isn't it nice when God prepares us ahead of time for a task we might otherwise refuse? Isn't it amazing how He just thinks of everything?


.

No comments: