- Young’s god has flesh; scripture’s God can never be seen (1 Tim. 6:16).
- Young’s god saves everyone; scripture’s God saves those who repent and believe (John 3:16-18).
- Young’s god identifies as female: scripture’s God calls Himself Father, using decidedly masculine nouns and pronouns from Genesis to Revelation (2 Cor. 6:18).
- Young’s god dismisses hell; scripture’s God warns us about it (Matthew 23:33).
- Young’s god experienced the crucifixion as the Father; scripture’s God sent Jesus Christ in the flesh to suffer that alone (Matt. 27:46).
- Young’s god would never pour out wrath upon sin or unbelievers; scripture’s God pours out His wrath against all wickedness (Romans 2:5; Col. 3:6).
We may not have kingdoms to run, but we often allow our kids to bully each other by ignoring the victims and excusing the victimizers. “They’re just kids. All siblings pick on each other,” say the David-like fathers. Sadly, some oblivious parents allow abuse of all kinds to continue under their roof because it’s too much trouble to keep close tabs on what the kids are doing. “You kids get along!” David-like parents shout from the other room, while a lifetime of damage is being done sibling-on-sibling. David refused to address the dysfunction in his own household and lost the respect of his kids. Don’t be a David.