New Blog: CONTEMPLATIONS

New Blog:  CONTEMPLATIONS
Come on over and see my new blog

So, How Are You?


I still haven't gotten all the sap out of my hair. The old pine tree was leaking when I leaned against it. And every time I mow underneath it, I'm usually stuck with gummy hair for a few days. It's old, but it's sappy.
.
If you are past a "certain age," I have great news for you. You, too, can be sappy!
.
A "certain age" can be defined as that period of time when you see your parent when you look in the mirror, your former high school classmates look like the people on the Depends commercials, and you find yourself wearing a muumuu on the beach. And even into the water.
.
You know who you are!
.
If you've begun to suspect that your most productive days are in the past, I have exciting news for you! Psalm 92 talks about the righteous--those who seek God continually, dwell in his courts, and honor him with everything they have.
.
Verse 12-13 has a prophecy for us of a "certain age." It says we will bear fruit in our old age. But verse 14 is my favorite. The King James translates this verse as saying "You will grow fat and flourishing," but in our culture, that's not a promise we would all flock to.
.
I like the New American Standard version better. It says we will be "full of sap and very green."
.
Isn't that a great comeback to the throw-away question: How are you? Who would expect that?
.
Your most fruitful days may be just ahead! The first half of your life was just preparation. You've finally arrived at the place where all the experience, the wisdom, the mistakes and the triumphs can come together to produce beautiful, healthy fruit for the kingdom of God. Jesus' earthly ministry only lasted 3 years, but what an impact! Your chronological age means nothing in God's time frame. If you stay in His presence, He will keep you sappy!
.
So, if you're living for Christ, seeking God with all your heart, and aging gracefully, then you have a new answer when someone asks how you are.
.
"I'm full of sap and very green!" you can say with confidence. To their puzzled expression, you can reply, "Psalm 92. Look it up!"
.

No comments: