New Blog: CONTEMPLATIONS

New Blog:  CONTEMPLATIONS
Come on over and see my new blog

Family vacation 2010 is in the history books.

Another mini-vacation this year. With 5 of us running in different directions, anything longer requires the scheduling skills of an air traffic controller. THANKFULLY this one was much better than last year! Click here if you dare!


Ran down to Six Flags Over Texas and did a lot of walking, a lot of sweating, a lot of waiting in line, a little bit of "why did we do this?" but all-in-all it was fine. Susie's leg couldn't take it and we had to rent her a wheelchair (which I coveted passionately the rest of the day.)






One thing struck me as we passed nameless human faces by the truckload: there are a lot of people in the world. I mean, A LOT! How is it possible that God loves each one of us personally?
.
Crowds are just crowds to me. I don't see people. I see bodies, colors, hairstyles, arms and legs to be avoided. Just masses. I don't think of each one as unique and precious, valuable to God. When I'm part of a crowd, I just see a crowd.
.
But God doesn't.
.
He sees the crying five-year-old and His heart hurts. He sees the multi-pierced teenager with his pants sagging on the ground and knows the heartache that started it all. He walks beside the Chinese family with the bewildered expressions and the old man who looks lost. He knows in a heartbeat which of those thousands are His children and which ones still need to find Him.
.
When Jesus gazed out over the crowds that followed him, He didn't see crowds. He was filled with compassion for them and he worked past weariness healing crippled legs, twisted arms, and broken hearts.
.
I'm glad God sees us as individuals, not as part of a crowd. Maybe I should try a little harder to do the same.
.

1 comment:

Deborah M said...

Very insightful Lea Ann. Glad your vacation was good!
Deborah M.
deborahsbutterflyjourney.blogspot.com