The dusky sky gave no rain.
Days on end brought record heat.
And this was the result.
I gave up on my flower gardens.
Even the grass wouldn't grow.
Everything was parched and brown.
And I got used to it.
I scarcely noticed the subtle changes.
At first it was so low to the ground,
anyone would miss it.
But there was no excuse for not noticing
when the dead sticks began to bloom.
- Have you stopped seeing the potential, the beauty, the eternal benefits in what you're doing?
- Are you walking right past the gifts God has given you with scarcely a nod?
- Maybe the rains have come and you didn't notice.
- Maybe that sour, negative attitude has become so much a part of you that you scarcely notice it anymore.
- Maybe that victim mentality has outworn its welcome.
- Maybe your words have started reflecting Satan's lies rather than the truth of God.
Isn't it time you enjoyed the flowers God has created for your enjoyment?
A flower is a terrible thing to waste.