New Blog: CONTEMPLATIONS

New Blog:  CONTEMPLATIONS
Come on over and see my new blog

To (Not) Do List






Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you…” Matt 28:20



Beth had been out of work for a year. Desperation was setting in. Then she got a call. The owner of a Fortune 500 company offered her a dream job at six figures, with a car, a signing bonus, and an awesome retirement. Overjoyed, she accepted and immediately called all her friends to share the good news. On the first day of work, the owner welcomed her with a smile and hearty handshake. After thanking him for the opportunity, she pulled a paper from her pocket. “I’ve made a list of things I will do and those I won’t do,” she said. “I know what the job description says, but I didn’t like some of it, so I won’t be doing that. I’m sure you’ll understand. You’re just glad to have me here, right?” How long do you think Beth kept that job?



When Jesus said we were to teach new converts to obey all His commands, He was not making a suggestion. He never offers compromise either. He’s the Boss. Yet, many times we think we can come to Christ, accept His pardon, forgiveness, and eternal life while pulling a list out of our pockets. If an earthly boss would not put up with that, why do we think our new Lord will? The church impacts the world for good when every member is committed to obeying all the commands Jesus gave us.



Have you tried to accept God’s offer of new life, while pulling a list out of your pocket?

No comments: