New Blog: CONTEMPLATIONS

New Blog:  CONTEMPLATIONS
Come on over and see my new blog

WOF-- WOW!

I am definitely revived! My engines are recharged, vision enlarged, priorities back in line, attitude adjusted....

Women of Faith was a fantastic experience, worshipping the Lord with 8000 other women and speakers and singers that just knocked my socks off. Watching Steven Curtis Chapman sing "Cinderella" and knowing what it meant to him is a four-hankie experience.

There was so much to take in, all of it good. The first thing I heard the Lord say to me on Friday was, "Don't stop. Keep playing." It was in reference to the story about the little boy who went to the piano concert to hear a famous pianist and before the show began, he managed to slip away and get on stage and before his mother knew what had happened, he was seated at the piano plunking out a one-finger rendition of "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star."

People were snickering and his mother was mortified, when suddenly the great pianist appears behind the child and stretching his arms around the boy, leans close, with his hands on the keys, and whispers, "Don't stop. Keep playing."

Then adding bass notes and a trilling treble, he and the boy produce a masterpiece.

Just as Jesus took the little boy's bread and fish to feed 5000, he uses our piddly offerings and produces masterpieces--as long as we don't give up too soon.

Discouragment usually follows me like a stray dog, and too often I wonder, "Should I quit now? Can I give up?"

But I heard the Lord whisper in my ear, "Don't stop. Keep playing."

So as long as he has need of it, I'll do just that and wait for him to create a materpiece from it.
.

No comments: