New Blog: CONTEMPLATIONS

New Blog:  CONTEMPLATIONS
Come on over and see my new blog

Welcome to My Garage Sale!

Isn't this an exciting pile of junk?

I'll bet you have some just like it.

Yep, I'm having my annual garage sale this weekend. I always dread it. I'm always glad when it's over every year. And every year, I wonder if I'll really go through with it again next May.


But I do, because I'm cheap and greedy and I know how much money is invested in all that junk and I can't bear to part with it without at least some token of reimbursement.


Isn't it amazing how much clutter we accumulate? Then we have to build bigger houses to hold it all and work extra hard to afford that bigger house so that we're never home to enjoy any of it.

And most of it we told ourselves we really needed. Probably paid more for it than it was worth and now, there it sits--used, broken junk in a dusty garage, on sale for pennies.

I think this is what God had in mind when he warns us not to store up for ourselves treasures on earth. It looks like a treasure when it's all bright and shiny and smells new. But more quickly than we can imagine, it joins the rest of the junk cluttering up our lives and stealing our affections.

When it comes time to weigh your treasures, will they be nothing but a pile of dusty junk? Have you invested more of your life than you should chasing breakables?

God's investment plan can begin the moment you want it to. "Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven" by "seeking first the Kingdom of God." God doesn't have garage sales because his treasure continues to grow in value throughout eternity.

But, if you insist on accumulating more breakables, then come on over tomorrow! I've got some deals for ya!
.

No comments: