New Blog: CONTEMPLATIONS

New Blog:  CONTEMPLATIONS
Come on over and see my new blog

What in Hell Are They Talking About?


"Ah," sighs the Prince of Darkness. He inhales the tantalizing smell of sulfur and turns his red eyes on his newest protege.
.

"You're back. Finish your training on our favorite puppet? What did you use this time? Rebellion? Anger? Addictions? She's so predictable. Hardly a challenge anymore."
.
The newest demon slithers to attention. "Blame, this time, Your Highest. She liked Blame's ideas and took them for her own. Self-righteousness was already there. Idolatry too. They live with her."
.
Curdling laughter echoes from the canyon walls. "Not bad for your first attempt. That's why I assigned her to you. She's an easy mark. We filled her life with arrogance, self-hate, and idolatry. She bought the whole thing without a whimper. I can't wait to rub Yahweh's face in it. He thinks she's His."
.
In a flash of sulphurous light, he stands before a great throne. Flashes of brilliant light torture his eyes and the aroma of incense nauseates him. He tucks his claws into his robe to stop their trembling. "I-I beg an audience with you, Sir. I've come to report another victory for the Darkness. That little twit we've been toying with. The one You think is yours..." He snarls and tries to make eye contact, but the pain is too intense and he is forced to look down. Again.
.

"She's mine." Thunder rolls across the sky and for a moment the Prince of Darkness nearly loses his perch.
.
"Ah, see. That's where you're wrong. I know her parents dedicated her to you when she was a baby, but..."
.
"She is sanctified, set apart for My glory. You can't have her."
.
"Ha--" The phlegmy chuckle is cut short by another roll of thunder, and the Prince of Darkness flinches. "I've already got her. She's in my grasp. She can't even hear your voice; all she hears is mine. But I must admit, I'm growing tired of her. She's no challenge at all. I use her to train my newest demons because she offers so little resistance."
.
He coughs and prepares for what he's come here to say. "I'm ready to destroy her. I'm moving on because I've got my sights on that family of hers. Now they really tick me off. All that piety, all those people they're influencing for you, the other kids starting to serve you on their own..." He swears and spits. "I hate them! All of them, but I can't touch them, all your stinkin' angels everywhere..."
.
He draws a ragged breath and swells his chest as full as it will go. "Destroying her will get to them. She's no challenge anymore, but them..." He cackles and rubs his claws together. "Oh, such delight to destroy them! I've sent Fear already. He's one of my best. Anger and Despair are right on his heels. We'll figure a way around Your guard and then they'll all be mine! Not only them, but the ones they minister to, their church, their kids' friends....Oh, the potential thrills me!"
.
"NO."
.
Lightening cracks a foot away and the Prince of Darkness cowers, but plunges on. "They'll curse you, just wait and see! When I've taken their daughter, they'll blame themselves and You! I've already got her, but I want the rest. Those other kids make me salivate. Juicy morsels! Tender little hearts think they love you! Ha! Just wait until I'm through with them!"
.
In a flash of putrid smoke he stands once more in his domain, the taste of victory like fresh blood on his lips. He blinks his red eyes as he surveys the prospects.
.
"Y-your H-highest?" squeaks the newest trainee. "H-he said no. Wh-what are we gonna do now? All we can do is torment her if He said no. You know that--"
.
"I know something else!" Darkness shrieks. "He's given her the key! It's not up to Him. It's not up to those stupid parents of hers! He gave those fool humans a free will and that's been their downfall since the beginning. The prayer from her family hurts us a lot, that's why we haven't been able to destroy her yet, but we will. And we'll take them with her!"
.
The maniacal yell echoes three universes away. A flock of dark spirits races to his side, filling the air like black smoke.
.
"Okay, listen up. Don't focus on the girl anymore. The word was no on her, but don't worry. She's destroying herself anyway. She doesn't need us to do it.

"All attention now on the family. The Enemy is about to do some frightening things in that church of theirs, that horrible ministry, that praying Life Group...Ugh-h, I shudder to say it! I know the Angel guard is tight, but we'll find a way. Use the girl if you can, but stop those people! Those kids and their witnessing, their Bible study, praying for people. The Enemy has plans for them that will really harm our cause. Yuck! I can't stand it! We're losing ground here and I want it stopped! Do you hear me? Stopped!"
.
The horde leaves like a flock of vultures and the Prince of Darkness smiles to himself. "Yes, I'll have them all cursing Him before nightfall. I'll make them think the girl is fine now. They'll stop praying for her, stop being vigilant, let their guard down. Make 'em overconfident, make 'em think it's faith!" He cackles and rubs his hands. "The girl is ours, but I want them all! More and more...Oh, such a nasty plan!"
.
His words become a guttural groan. "Oh-h, they're praying again! And that praise! Ee-eek! Hurts like a pitchfork through my chest. But never mind, all the prayer in the world won't stop her free will. Only she can choose who wins. I'll make certain it's the darkness."

.

No comments: