New Blog: CONTEMPLATIONS

New Blog:  CONTEMPLATIONS
Come on over and see my new blog

Things I've Learned From My Dogs

This is a re-post from last year. If my schedule ever slows down again, I'll get creative.

Yankee and Babe have become a great source of inspiration as I watch them do stupid dog things that often parallel the stupid human things I do. Here are a few of the things I've learned from watching them:




1. Jealousy is unbecoming.
.
2. No matter how much barking I do at the irritations of life,
nothing really changes.
Noise and fuss do not equal control.
.

3. My food dish will be filled no matter what I do or don't do because Somebody loves me in spite of my messes.
.
4. Being put outside for a while is not the worst thing that can happen. I'll live through it and life will be good again.
.
5. There is no sense in growling at children. It ticks everyone off and they have long memories.
.
6. I can sleep on the floor to make a point, but the only one who gets the point is me.
.
7. There's plenty of room on this couch for both of us. No need to be touchy.
.
8. A humble hand-licking goes a lot farther than a snooty pout.
.
9. Grooming only hurts for a little while and I'm always better for it.
.
10. There are times when you have to go to the vet, and at those times it's better to trust my Master's wisdom than the scary sights and sounds all around me.
.


No comments: