New Blog: CONTEMPLATIONS

New Blog:  CONTEMPLATIONS
Come on over and see my new blog

When It's Bigger Than You Are


Don’t be discouraged by this mighty army, for the battle is not yours, but God’s.”  
2Chron. 20:15




“Dad?” Four-year-old Zac stood in the doorway of his father’s shop. His father welcomed him and then noticed the tears in his son’s eyes. Zac drew a shaky breath and opened his fist to reveal four sweaty pennies. "Dad, I heard you tell Mom that we can't pay the ‘lectric bill. I don't know what a ‘lectric bill is and I'm really scared. But I have these and maybe they can pay it.” Dad smiled and kissed his son’s bent head. “Well son, I do know what it is and how to pay it, and we won't even need to use your pennies. This is not your problem, it’s mine, okay? I'm the dad, and I will always take care of you. Trust me.” 


Sometimes we don't know how to pay the ‘lectric bill either. A problem bigger than us threatens our security, our reputations, or our future. We were trying to follow God, and then this happened. We often wear ourselves out because we think we have to pay the triple-digit ‘lectric bill with four sweaty pennies. It is those times that our Father offers to draw us to Him and whisper, “This is not your problem, it’s mine, okay? I’m the dad. I will always take care of you. Trust me.” God doesn't need our contribution. He requires our childlike faith. He reminds us that the battle is not ours, it is His. And we can trust him.

What battle are you trying to fight with your four pennies? Trust your Father. 

.

No comments: