New Blog: CONTEMPLATIONS

New Blog:  CONTEMPLATIONS
Come on over and see my new blog

Does Truth Need a Defense?

Should lies go unchallenged?
.
I've often wondered why Jesus didn't at least attempt to defend himself when he was put on trial. Liars spoke against him, crazy accusations were hurled, and question pelted him like sleet. But the Bible says he just stood there and took it.
.

"...and He opened not His mouth."
.

Do you ever wonder why He didn't at least say something to defend himself? The urge must have been intense as lie after lie slammed into his head as forcefully as the thorns would a few hours later. Wouldn't it have helped? How could he stand hearing such lies, knowing others were hearing them and believing them?
.

I was reminded of his example this week as someone I love has decided to create and then believe lies about me. My first reaction is to cry out in defense, refute the outrageous accusations, defend my honor and the truth.
.

But when I ran to God for help and counsel, He reminded me through a sleepless night that my example was Jesus. He knows what it's like to be lied about and to know that no defense is necessary when you know the truth.
.
"...and He opened not his mouth."
.

Sometimes you have to let the truth speak for itself. If there was truth or even half-truths buried in the distortion, I could repent and ask forgiveness. But when it is complete nonsense, there is no point in dignifying it with a response. No angry defense is as powerful as Truth. The Truth is what sets us free. Sometimes the best thing to do is nothing.

.

If your heart is right before God, then that is enough. The truth needs no explanation and no defense. Regardless of how it may look on the outside, Truth will always triumph.
.

.

No comments: