New Blog: CONTEMPLATIONS

New Blog:  CONTEMPLATIONS
Come on over and see my new blog

Those Bloomin' Flowers


I found these pretty lavender flowers growing wild in my pasture. Since lavender is my favorite color, I assumed God planted them there for me to pick and bring into the house.

But no sooner had I gathered a bouquet than the delicate blooms started to fall off! Only seconds after picking them, a tubular bloom slid out of it's housing and fluttered to the ground. Then another. And another!

I held them as gently as I could and hurried toward the house, but by the time I got to the front door, this was all that was left! And now they're gone too.

I know wild flowers don't make very good bouquets, but I thought they'd at least make it to the house. Unfortunately, the moment they were separated from their life source, they were worthless.
We're like that too.

Jesus told us that he was the vine, and we are the branches. Apart from him, we can do nothing. That's not a statement of arrogance; it's a statement of fact. Just as the flowers had no strength to continue to bloom once they were disconnected, neither can we continue to thrive and bring forth all the great things God planned for us to do when we disconnect from our spiritual roots.

How many times have you found yourself slogging through life, trying as hard as you can to live right, obey God, keep everyone happy... And it's a drudgery. No life. No joy. No bloom.


That's a good time to take a root check. Have you become disconnected with your life source? Are you trying to accomplish God's will in your own strength?
No wonder you can't bloom.

.

No comments: